Saturday, November 21, 2020

Dev Diary #01

Hello readers, starting from this point on, all visual novel dev related posts will fall under "Dev Diary" for consistency's sake. 

Here's the progress I made so far this week!

Since the ongoing project was already around 60% complete by the time I put it aside for Nocturnal Affairs, I have finally placed the last missing background images and music. Having not received any response from the coding issue problem I was having with the game's UI history, I decided to ignore the problem completely rather than obsessed about it.

In any case, I am currently re-designing the UI gallery screen and figuring out how to code it without resulting in a massive headache (the gallery UI continues to intimidate me to this time after years 😥). Every now and then I might alternate between programming the gallery and drawing the CG art to possibly help avoid procrastination. 

In regards, to what will happen to my future endeavour as a developer, should I manage to successfully submit this visual novel before the deadline, I am considering stopping entirely to focus exclusively on my art, or, re-polish my earlier visual novel releases. Once I made up my mind, I will make sure to write a proper announcement on all my social media pages. That's all for now.

Thank you for reading this week's update. Take care! 💕