Thursday, July 16, 2015

Horror Story (Maybe?)

     I'm working on a project for a summer "horror" themed event on Cloudnovel, a new online visual novel engine which is still on beta. Differently from Ren'Py,which you can download and work even without internet, CloudNovel is easy to use but works online. So far I'm getting the hang of it.

     The project I came up with is suppose to be a "prequel" to the actual game I had in mind, which is a 19th century psychological horror centering around a young middle class girl who marries a handsome Baron living in their small town. This summer project is told from the Baron's point of view which reveals the events that lead him to commit such actions. In other words I'm writing from a psychopath's perspective. Oops... (●__●)
      Problem is, the way he narrates throughout the whole game creeps the hell out of me (he uses so many adjectives) and seems like there is no proper timeline in the story. More than explaining the whole of it, he limits to remember what seems convenient for him and I'm hating it! -Says the one making the game- 
      Rather than a horror genre it's becoming something different from what I hand in mind... On the other hand every project I plan always end up being entirely different.