Tuesday, November 7, 2017

No Thanks, Eros! - Update 3

First of all I made some slight changes again on this blog. Second, here's another progress update for "No Thanks, Eros!". From here on out I will be categorizing all of my future projects this way.




 These last weeks of October my enthusiasm eventually began decreasing as I kept working on NTE's character sprites. The method which I am experimenting works surprisingly well. Which is a good thing.

Starting from left: Lee, Karu and Noe's sketches 

Once the linearts were set I proceeded coloring Lee's skin followed by the others. And so forth. It takes time but at least it lets me keep consistency through all of them.


In regards to the sprite assets which will be released once NTE will be submitted, I decided to work on them later on. After the game is decent enough and I have less things to worry about. Some sets visible on this project, will undergo slight changes for the avatar creation.

Working on the avatars secondly, is a way to prevent SAI from crushing due to heavy files. An experience I'd rather avoid again after what happened during BTT's CG work. Not to mention it's better concentrating on assets necessary for the game first. If I want this to be set in time for winter jam (event hosted on CloudNovel for those who are curious).

Moving on to the game script, for now there 3100 words. Including Jun's route and the main one. The goal for now is to reach at least -/+10k within the month.
Fortunately NTE's game play moves around a daily activity choice. Making the main script manageable. 

That's all for the updates.