Saturday, December 12, 2020

Dev Diary #03

 Here's to another week of updates.

Hello, how have you all been? The project is coming along nicely. I've been mostly concentrating on finishing the CGs hence why the lack of update last week. The art is at a good point and is slowly being coded into the script as I go. Fortunately, everything is working as they should be, even the gallery! 

What I would like to hype about, is my last-minute decision to try applying ATL on said CGs to add movements to the kinetic novel. It will mostly be a low-key sort of animation, nothing extravagant since I have little experience in that area. But what little code I managed to found and apply for works divinamente! I shared a behind-the-scenes preview of it a few days ago on fleet. 

I cropped the area I wanted the animation to focused on using the local photo editor, copied the height and width on the image's detail info then used Ren'Py's developer tool to locate the position where I wanted the movement to start, changing manually as I go. All in all, I didn't have to rely on photoshop for this. 😀

With the progress I'm making so far, I'm confident I'll be able to submit White Book before the end of the month. After which, I plan to release the timelapse process of some of the CGs over at my ko-fi account. So keep an eye on it should any of you be interested! 

That's all the news for this week. Thank you for stopping by and stay safe. 👋