Sunday, September 12, 2021

Dev Diary #25


Dear Dev Diary,

I'm back with another set of updates for our Spooktober VN Jam entry "The Raven". Unfortunately, I ran into writer's block by the start of scene 3 this week. Thankfully, I had the ever-so-kind illegalileo to help me get over it by becoming a co-writer for the script.

On a less happy note, due to time issues, one of our GUI artist had to back down from their role. Which means the fear I initially had of having to handle multiple things at once is coming to life. As of now, I am writing the script, helping with sprite art, marketing and lastly, GUI. Regardless, I have an amazing team to back me up! The CG and BG artworks are coming along smoothly. And the music is as tantalising as our game.

Hopefully, this coming week we'll be able to get back on track with our weekly goals. Meaning reaching at least Scene 7-9 in scriptwriting, finishing the sprites and start encoding the GUI. 

That said, here's our weekly accomplishment:



 See you next week! Stay safe and take care. 😊