Saturday, February 13, 2021

Dev Diary #08



Long time no see! I finally have exciting news to share in terms of dev progress.

Pink Rose's GUI design has begun around last week. I slowly have been editing around Ren'Py's default designs, there are still a couple of changes which I need to work on soon if I want to finally code them in the project.


Four screenshots of GUI preview
WIP GUI of Pink Rose 

Seeing how Bus Stop and Pink Rose were originally based on an old shoujo story, I opted to give the revamp an overall manga theme. CGs and sprites will all be in black and cream white with pink as an accent colour (Pink Rose get it? 😉)

Horrible pun aside, I can't help but be proud with the script's improvement. There have been major changes with a scene or two here and there (more SC lore and some OC cameo appearances yey!). It will obviously require proofreading feedback before the final release.  I haven't made a title card for the game yet, but with how the theme is going I'll probably settle for something shoujo-inspired or a very minimal approach. Despite my graphic design background experience, my skill stat is around 50-55% at most in terms of logo design. 

Speaking of... Look at that cool banner, huh? It's a minor attempt to get this blog up-to-date with modern times.

Back to dev news, I tried playing around with the messenger code courtesy of Nadia Nova. It works amazingly. I'm considering the idea of checking out a second code. It's more complex but features an expanded version similar to "Emily is Away". Depending on how things turn out, either one of them will be incorporated in Pink Rose. The message screen appears only in one scene, but if I manage to get the Telegram Messenger working, it will be useful in the "bonus story" (this is a must goal!).

That said, thank you for reading! Have a nice weekend ahead and treat yourself this Valentine's day. 😀