Sunday, August 22, 2021

Dev Diary #22

Dear Dev Diary,

Sorry for the lack of update these past two weeks. There wasn't much to report considering I decided to take a break for a while. Unfortunately, I am at that point in my mental state where I want to abandon everything I have worked so far and disappear from the world wide web. 

Moving on, I have decided to leave SuNoFes Game Jam since I wasn't making any progress with the CG art. Art block has stricken again, methinks. Yet, the goal to release Pink Rose for 2021 is still my priority. That and working on my first Spooktober Jam project.

I'm happy to say we're only two members' short of closing the announcement thread on LSF. Networking has been equally an interesting and tiresome experience. So, was having to constantly repost the announcement on Twitter. It made me think of joining as a marketing volunteer for the next jams should the opportunity arises. 

In terms of concept design, we're almost close to finishing MC and Raven's sprites sketches. So come September the references sheets should be ready to go by then. I intend for the first and second week of that month to have both UI and Sprite art done by then to allow the programmers to code everything. Of course, I'll be helping to move the script from Google Docs to the script file. 

If ever we don't find a UI artist, I'll be stepping in to give a hand. I'll mostly be multi-tasking during the whole event while learning new things for this game jam. Consequently, you'll probably find me ranting here about our progress the entire month of September, and fingers crossed also at Tumblr.

See you soon! Take care. 😄