Saturday, August 28, 2021

Dev Diary #23

Dear Dev Diary,

How have you been? I mostly been working on finalizing the Raven's and MC's concept designs.
After the last poll for Raven's hairstyle, the reference sheet will start as soon as possible! As always, if you want to see the behind the scenes, follow me on Twitch (twitch.tv/strng_notes). 

For the background artist, we ultimately decided to go for a photo-editing route due to lack of candidates for the position. It's the most sought after as stated by the jam organiser. This news only made me want to learn blender more in the near future! I'll mostly be adding it to my yearly goal for 2022.

Meanwhile, one of the programmers volunteered to handle the GUI aspect to at least have an easy time coding everything. The concept they showed me have all been great so far! For the narrative aspect, we decided to switch from a first-person perspective to a second-person. 

With Spooktober VN Jam only 3 days away we'll be busy, but I'll try my best to keep you up to date!

Stay safe! 😊