Saturday, June 20, 2020

Yaoi Jam+ Week 3

Only a week left to the submission date. 
A branching map of the game

This week I successfully managed to embed local images and background music to Twine! I admit it was an arduous task having to double-check and make sure that's everything working well with the passages. Speaking of which, here's what the whole script looks like behind the scene:

A behind the scene of Twine's script

This week proved to be quite stressful, my over-enthusiasm from the first two weeks lead to a sign for me to take some days away from the game and tune off in general. Before that, however, I found a nifty way to save unnecessary space within the passages. But trying to keep track of the following choices required attention to detail and a keen eye which resulted in my subsequent headaches. The result was worth it in the end! 😁 

A choices code I found scavenging online



Around this week I finally reprised writing the rest of NA's script. I didn't like where the story was heading on from where I left it, so changes were made and a new variable was added from earlier version of the story. Additionally, the possibility of another set of endings arose during the brainstorming process - which is really just me talking to myself lol -. Natalie's character arc also expanded from her initial status. 
Regardless of what's to happen, I am looking forward to reading what your thoughts about how the endings should have been if you do find the end result unsatisfactory. Personally, this whole experience made me wish I had been more organised with the drafts and thorough with the notes from where I have left the story. All the more, I wish there was a better way to manage multi-branch scripts in a document format that enables to keep track of where you are at, without losing the flow. 

Anyway, this is all from today's post. Hope you have a nice weekend 😊

Stay safe!