Saturday, June 27, 2020

Yaoi Jam+ Week 4


The script is finished!

     The above image is the draft's word count of the second half of "Nocturnal Affair", including the excluded scenes from the earlier version. Following the deadline's extension, I now have only six days left to transfer the script over at Twine, add background music and double-check everything one last time before fully publishing this long-awaited complete version.

Final layout of landing screen
The final layout of the landing screen.

    The endings present so far will be eight, compared to the initial four (demo included). This last-minute addition happened while I was reviewing the full story and the fate of a certain character. Whether some of the endings are bad or not depends entirely on the players' personal interpretation. 

    My only fear now is the confusion of the game's format and the many reports of grammar/typos. Should I have used Ren'Py if I was going for a kinetic novel anyway? Maybe. But it would mean having to design a new UI, which I didn't have time to do. On another hand, learning how to use Twine has been an interesting experience. All the more If I had advanced Javascript experience. 

That said, I'm just happy I will have one less project haunting me in my waking hours. Hopefully next week you'll find the game available to download on itch.io! 😄

Stay safe and take care!