Saturday, March 27, 2021

Dev Diary #12

 


Dear Dev Diary,

I took a short break this week to see the overall status of Pink Rose. Editing for the main script finished last Thursday. It was a pleasure working with Hira, she has been very patient with me and has helped me improve the script for the better. 

Art-wise, I couldn't stop myself from finishing the reference sheet for the cast. Although the sprites in-game will be black and white with screen tones, having their coloured version will help with the upcoming promo art before the release. 

Reference sheet of Hana

Reference sheet of Haru



The demo will feature three chapters out of six. Ideally, it might get released sometime during summer, or as soon as I finish both art and coding. Moving on to sprites, creating the reference sheets helped me get over the sketch for their pose. I already copy/pasted all four of them in a single document for their height comparisons. Working with the sprite assets I released last January has helped me find my own way of organizing the layers for the sprites. 

As for the music, I slowly started collecting a couple of soundtracks here and there. I will surely need to create a spreadsheet to keep track of the credits.

Lastly, there's now a Tumblr blog for SC (stchematelier.tumblr.com)! I created it in mind so players can send asks while also marketing the visual novel more. 

That's all for this week. Thank you for reading thus far.

Stay safe!