Saturday, April 3, 2021

Dev Diary #13

 


Dear Dev Diary,

This week I focused mostly on character sprites. With a template created in advance, the character card is ready to be shared online!

I haven't decided yet how to handle Tumblr, since I've mostly been using it to share screenshots of IF games I've been playing. We'll see.

Additionally, the edited script is being encoded into the game (scene 1-5). The results are more than satisfying. Sure, there's still the issue of how I can change Hana's sprite into Haru based on the player's choice but I'll do my research on the LSF forum and ask for help around. 

At the same time, I have slowly been collecting background music and sound effects for Pink Rose while double-checking each assets' licensing issues. I've been considering more and more the idea of making this a commercial project. The decision isn't final yet, although it's heading in that area. At least for now.

Lastly, the layered image trial started. I encountered an error with the sizes in-game, thankfully I saved the code Deji (@/DejiVn) shared on Twitter a few years back about custom transform settings. I'm playing around with it, to add a slight dynamic in the sprites so it doesn't appear too static.

The final image of the game.

While working on the game, I made a fourth edit on the backgrounds opting for a more lineart-oriented style with a dotted layer of around 75%. I'll most likely edit it again one last time before the demo release sometime this summer. Hopefully, it will be on time for SuNoFes. It would be a first!

That's all this week. Thank you for reading and stay safe.