Saturday, July 17, 2021

Dev Diary #18

 

Dear Dev Diary,

Nothing major to report this week, besides the fact I am still working on the CGs for Pink Rose. I want to focus all my energy on finishing this goal, hopefully not at the cost of a burn-out. If you want to spoil yourself with the artwork, know that I sometimes stream live over at Twitch (twitch.tv/strng_notes). I have also taken a habit to post exclusive content on ko-fi as often as possible. So if anyone's curious to see the CG in its entirety you can view it over there after offering me tea 😅 (need to fund the future projects somehow).

Since Spooktober is less than two months away, I also started brainstorming and developing ideas. After further reflection, I narrowed it down between "Mon Chérie", a psychological thriller seen from the POV of a female murderer, and "The Raven", a sort of spin-off from "Molly's Letters" focusing on a reckless college student who becomes attracted to a stranger only for the night to turn deadly. From the poll results I made on Twitter, it appears a majority of those who voted favoured "The Raven". 

Both of the ideas focus on two main characters so thankfully, it would mean fewer sprite works for the team of volunteers (if I ever find one). A fun idea I had in mind is to give the players in "The Raven" the ability to choose the gender of Raven, while they can choose MC's pronouns (I still haven't decided whether they'll have a sprite or not). In the meantime, I plan to start creating a mood board for the project, so that come August or early September I can post a recruitment thread. We'll see how things go.

Thank you for reading, have an awesome weekend ahead and stay safe 👋