Saturday, July 3, 2021

Dev Diary #16

Dear Dev Diary,

It's been a while. With SuNoFes starting this month I'm motivated to reprise "Pink Rose" after the short hiatus and art block from the past two months. I'll be focusing mostly on CG art for the entire time.  In the meantime, I took the break as a chance to work and finish a small side project using Twine (Harlowe to be precise).  "See You" is currently undergoing editing and will fully available to play for free at itchio as soon as it's done. The project itself has been an impulsive thing to do after being creatively stagnant since May. I'm just happy it's finally out of my system regardless of how many players or not touch it.

Speaking of impulsive projects, this week I uploaded a work-in-progress gothic IF from my old script vault (no, I don't have a literal vault). Ideally, the story will contain your typical gothic elements of sombre mansions and desolate landscapes. Fortunately, Caligo Hills was made precisely for this kind of setting! 
The story won't be about romance, despite the description but of secret pacts and whether or not you, as a player, will decide to keep your family name or leave it all behind. The reason why the main character is primarily female, lies in the fact I'm not confident to be able to code the different variables with my limited knowledge of Sugarcube. Perhaps, someday in the future, I will add that function but as of now, it is as it is. 

To be honest, I haven't decided if I will consider "L'Hiver" an active project considering it might be updated randomly. I do, however, hope to finish it too.

That's all for this week's update.

Stay safe and take care always. 😊