Saturday, July 24, 2021

Dev Diary #19

 


Dear Dev Diary,

First of all, I finally started writing Chapter 2 of L'Hiver. Thanks in part to Hira's help (besides editing she also provides idea-bouncing here), we managed to build a consistent storyline and character depth to the project. I wouldn't have been able to get out of my writing block if it weren't for our session. At the moment, I decided to put a halt to its progress in order for me to concentrate back on drawing the CGs for Pink Rose (yes, my art block has decreased to 65%). Nonetheless, I'm very excited to write more of it and reaching the mystery storyline once I have more time to spare.

Speaking of Pink Rose, I'm very happy with how the illustrations are coming along! They almost look like actual manga panels. Using the manga I have certainly helped in providing inspirations on how I want them to look. I just wish I planned them better than what I'm currently doing.

Lastly, the logo for Spooktober project "The Raven" is done and good to go! The recruitment thread is already up and running over at LSF. For now, I'm looking for sprite artists and writers with whom I can idea bounce and discuss the character designs. Fingers crossed I actually find interested parties this early on.

That's all for this week. Stay safe 😄