Wednesday, March 5, 2014

About Sprite Coloring

With the new sprites I learned to make their linearts thin ( thank you tutorials!) and to to adapt color base + single shadow method without using many overshadowing as I did with the previous versions. Adding many shadow layings, though gives a nice effect, spends a lot of time especially for someone like me whose working alone on these project. By means, I'm planning on using color base + first shadow + second shadow + highlight only on CGs (I'm really making things harder for me -.-)
Previous sprites

After coloring the sprites the new challenge will surely be their expressions (I get lazy when I'm doing them halfway).  Clothes and other accessories won't really take long, I still have their old concepts so it will be my reference, surely some slight changes will occur. I'm also considering the idea of adding comic-like-strip cutscenes, like on (P)lanets (Great game by the way ^^) for comical relief.

scene during a lunchtime conversation between Riko and heroine
PS. For those who still haven't played (P)lanets I recommend it!