Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween! + Contemplating....15


I started celebrating Halloween yesterday by watching Guillermo del Toro's new movie titled "Crimson Peak". I was dying to watch it considering it's set in the 19th century and has your typical Gothic-styled mansion which are elements I love most! Be warned this post contains spoiler for those interested in watching it.

Also Before the Tale light version is out! Check it out on the Games' section.




The story wasn't bad, though I did hoped Lucille was Thomas' mother which she was definitely not or that the Sharpe siblings were ghost ( although Lucille did became a haunting spirit )... - got my hopes high -

In a way I felt bad for Thomas, because on my opinion he knew his sister was a psycho or schizophrenic (?), but since he cared for her so much he ended up doing everything her sister wanted since she was all he have left. That doesn't justify the fact 4 women were killed because he charmed them for their money. I mean I'm glad to know he at least truly loved Edith.
To be honest only the ghost apparitions were frightening and how bloody the movie was. I kept thinking the clay under their house was nothing but blood (smart way to who hide bloody dead bodies btw).

I should have known better by watching Guillermo del Toro. His first movie I watched was Pan's Labyrinth. It left me with a headache since I couldn't figure out if Ophelia was having visions or if all that magical things which happened to her was real. He's a genius. So yeah, I don't think I'll stop watching more of him.

What I'm afraid now is the possibility that I might have unconsciously been inspired by some elements of Crimson Peak for this 19th century visual novel project I had in mind. Bluebeard Tale already had certain plot lines even before I watched the horror movie so after seeing it I'm starting to feel insecure whether I should just give up on this visual novel project.

Sigh, sometimes I think all human beings have their brains connected to one another. That's the only explanation as of why all of us end up elaborating same stories and the same thoughts. Creepy. ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

Sorry if this long post became depressing. I hope you'll have a frightening Halloween today!